After the entire build-up, Australia’s dream of creating it out of the teams on the World Cup for simply the second time hinges on 90 minutes of soccer. (Well, and an enormous quantity of added time.)
The Socceroos have successfully completed all that could possibly be requested of them, sitting second in Group D heading into the ultimate match-day and utterly controlling their destiny.
This is the equation that awaits them in opposition to Denmark – and the most definitely knockouts path in the event that they get issues completed.
AUSTRALIA v DENMARK BLOG HERE — OTHER THURSDAY AM MATCHES BLOG HERE
Watch the world’s finest footballers each week with beIN SPORTS on Kayo. LIVE protection from Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Carabao Cup, EFL & SPFL. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >
Group D standings (after 2/3 matches)
1. France – 6 pts, +4 GD
2. Australia – 3 pts, -2 GD
3. Denmark – 1 pt, -1 GD
4. Tunisia – 1 pt, -1 GD
To play: France v Tunisia and Australia v Denmark, Thursday December 1 at 2am AEDT (simultaneous)
MORE SOCCEROOS v DENMARK
BURNING QUESTIONS: Brutal choice name Arnie MUST make; how Aussies cease Danish ‘magician’
‘IT’S NOT RIGHT’: Arnie drops extraordinary Australian soccer reality bomb
EXPERT VIEW: ‘Dangerous’ lure Roos should keep away from … and the way ‘unimaginable’ WC dream can come true
Rashford leads England to win over Wales | 01:18
WHAT AUSTRALIA NEEDS vs DENMARK
Things gained’t be simple in opposition to the Danes, who made the semi-finals of the Euros final yr, however the Socceroos have choices.
A win would see Australia advance into the spherical of 16. Australia would end second within the group except they’ll make up six objectives of purpose distinction on France (ie a 3-0 win with France shedding 0-3).
A draw would see Australia advance into the spherical of 16 if France doesn’t lose to Tunisia. Australia would end second within the group. If the Tunisians pull the upset, they might end on 4 factors and forward of the Socceroos on purpose distinction. Australia would end third.
A loss would see Australia eradicated from the World Cup, as they’d be behind at the very least France and Denmark on factors. Australia would end third within the group if Tunisia doesn’t beat France, and fourth if Tunisia beats France.
According to Stats Insider’s simulations, Australia has a 13.9% probability of successful in opposition to Denmark, a 21.6% probability of a draw and a 64.5% probability of shedding.
Captain America sends Iran packing | 00:44
WHO WOULD AUSTRALIA PLAY IN THE ROUND OF 16?
It is sort of sure Australia would end second in Group D in the event that they advance, which means they’ll play the group that wins Group C (6am AEDT on Sunday December 4), so we is not going to go into the situations involving successful Group D.
The Group C winner is most definitely to be Lionel Messi’s Argentina, although they need to defeat Poland at 6am on Thursday morning to complete on prime.
Group C standings (after 2/3 matches)
1. Poland – 4 pts, +2 GD
2. Argentina – 3 pts, +1 GD
3. Saudi Arabia – 3 pts, -1 GD
4. Mexico – 1 pt, -2 GD
To play: Poland v Argentina and Saudi Arabia v Mexico, Thursday December 1 at 6am AEDT (simultaneous)
If Argentina doesn’t defeat Poland, then Australia would play both Saudi Arabia (if Poland attracts with Argentina and Saudi Arabia defeats Mexico) or Poland (all different situations) within the spherical of 16.
There is an outdoor probability Saudi Arabia might win the group even when Argentina wins; Saudi Arabia would wish to defeat Mexico by three extra objectives than Argentina defeats Poland by.
If Australia wins that Round of 16 recreation it could face the winner of Netherlands-USA within the quarter-finals (6am AEDT on Saturday December 10).
If Australia wins that quarter-final recreation it could face probably Spain or Brazil within the semi-finals (6am AEDT on Wednesday December 14).
Leave a Reply